Submitting a resource
To recommend a new resource for the site, please read the information below and complete the form.
All submissions will be reviewed for inclusion based on quality assurance criteria.
- Convey a clear, accurate and positive message about mental health.
- Be age and key stage appropriate.
- Be clinically safe.
- Be evidence-informed or based on Early Intervention Foundation criteria.
- Be up-to-date.
- Be inclusive of all children.
- Available across England (please note that at present the site is only aimed at schools in England).
- Meet quality assurance standards for the relevant sector (e.g. Helplines: all helplines/advice services should meet Helplines Partnership standards).
- Owing to the potentially high volume, we are unable to review and feature resources that have been produced by individual schools unless a robust evaluation process can be evidenced.
- All programmes and lesson plans need to have evidence of having been evaluated by your school or others, or accredited (e.g via PSHE Association’s formal accreditation process).
- Other resources (e.g school advice briefings) submitted should also be evidence-informed.
- All programmes, lesson plans and resources should meet the quality assurance criteria outlined below.
Submissions of new resources will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Resources that meet our initial criteria will be passed on for quality assurance by a team of clinical experts, teachers and school leaders. More information about the quality assurance process is available on the Mentally Healthy Schools website.
Please note: because of the high volume of approaches, we are only able to make contact or enter into correspondence with those organisations whose resources are selected for the site.
Once a resource has been identified as suitable for inclusion on the website, we will contact the owner (or their representative) to request further information, including a description of the resource for promotional purposes and a copy of the organisation’s logo (if applicable).
We will undertake regular reviews of all resources featured on the Mentally Healthy schools website, and will remove and update resources based on feedback from users.