Feeling good, feeling sad
These classroom activities & lesson plans, which directly link to the PD&MU curriculum, teach Year 3 children about the range of emotions and how to manage them.
As you work through this resource in the classroom, children will:
- understand their own and others’ feelings and emotions and how their actions affect others
- begin to recognise, name and manage their own feelings and emotions and that they are a natural, important and healthy part of a human being
- begin to recognise and manage the effects of strong feelings such as anger, sadness or loss
The resource is made up of five different classroom activities for teachers to run with pupils, with detailed notes for the staff member delivering the activities.
This resource forms part of a wider unit of work around PD&MU. You can find additional resources for Year 3 here.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- Children aged 6 to 7
- Use with whole classes
This resource is also available in Irish Gaelic here.
Northern Ireland – Personal Development & Mutual Understanding
Personal Understanding & Health
Pupils should be enabled to explore:
• their own and others’ feelings and emotions and how their actions affect others (KS1)
• strategies and skills for keeping themselves healthy and safe (KS1)