Getting along with others
These classroom activities & lesson plans, which directly link to the PD&MU curriculum, will help Year 2 children understand the importance of positive relationships with family and friends.
As you work through this resource in the classroom, children will:
- understand the importance of positive relationships with family and friends
- explore and discuss their relationships with family and friends
- talk about what families do together
- begin to recognise how they relate to adults and other children
The resource is made up of four different classroom activities for teachers to run with pupils, with detailed notes for the staff member delivering the activities.
This resource forms part of a wider unit of work around PD&MU. You can find additional resources for Year 2 here.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- Children aged 5 to 6
- Use with whole classes
This resource is also available in Irish Gaelic here.
Northern Ireland – Personal Development & Mutual Understanding
Mutual Understanding in the Local and Wider Community
Pupils should be enabled to explore:
• their relationships with family and friends; (Foundation)
• their responsibilities for self and others; (Foundation)
• learning to live as a member of a community (Foundation)