LGBTQ+ history lesson pack for children aged 4 to 7
A free lesson pack introducing younger children to LGBTQ+ issues by learning about a historical LGBTQ+ figure.
This free lesson pack, created by Stonewall, introduces younger children to LGBTQ+ historical figure Catherine Duleep Singh, getting them thinking about what we can learn from her life.
The pack includes:
- a lesson plan
- PowerPoint for delivering the lesson
- an e-book
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- use with children aged 4 to 7
- use with whole classes
Understanding the world
People and communities:
• Children know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families, communities and traditions. (Foundation)
Living in the Wider World (KS1)
• to recognise the ways they are the same as, and different to, other people
Living in the Wider World (KS2)
• to value the different contributions that people and groups make to the community
• about diversity: what it means; the benefits of living in a diverse community;
• about valuing diversity within communities
• I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all.