Online body image lesson plan
This lesson and accompanying videos explores the topic of body image online.
This resource includes a lesson plan, guidance for teachers, activities and worksheets.
The intended learning outcomes of this lesson are that:
- Students can identify where the pressure to look a certain way online comes from.
- Students can make comparisons between what is considered the ‘ideal’ body image online and the actual reality.
- Students can propose effective strategies to help young people develop a healthy and positive attitude towards their body image.
- Students will know where they can go for advice and support with body image concerns.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- Young people aged 11 to 13
England - RSHE
Internet safety and harms
By the end of secondary school pupils should know:
· the similarities and differences between the online world and the physical world, including: the impact of unhealthy or obsessive comparison with others online (including through setting unrealistic expectations for body image)