Resilience & football activities
Using the power of football, these free resources from the Premier League Primary Stars programme teach children about resilience.
Children will watch a video about Leicester City FC’s Premier League win, and learn what it can teach us about resilience. There are three simple worksheets for children to complete once they’ve watched the video.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- children aged 4-11
- use with individual children or in pairs
There are three resources included in this pack:
- A resilience match report activity sheet (with accompanying video)
- A ‘helpful or unhelpful thinking?’ worksheet
- A reframing thinking worksheet
These resources can be completed during class time, or used as a home learning activity.
England - RHSE
Pupils should know:
• simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests
• where and how to seek support (including recognising the triggers for seeking support), including whom in school they should speak to if they are worried about their own or someone else’s mental wellbeing or ability to control their emotions (including issues arising online)
Northern Ireland - Personal Development and Mutual Understanding
PERSONAL UNDERSTANDING AND HEALTH
Pupils should be enabled to explore:
• their dispositions and attitudes to learning;
• their own and others’ feelings and emotions;
• positive attitudes to learning and achievement;
• their own and others’ feelings and emotions and how their actions affect others;
• their management of a range of feelings and emotions and the feelings and emotions of others;
• effective learning strategies;
Wales – Health and Wellbeing
Statement 2 - How we process and respond to our experiences affects our mental health and emotional well-being.
Statement 3 - Our decision-making impacts on the quality of our lives and the lives of others.
Scotland - Health and Wellbeing
Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
• I know that we all experience a variety of thoughts and emotions that affect how we feel and behave, and I am learning ways of managing them.
• I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss.