RSHE lesson for Key Stage 4: promoting emotional wellbeing
This comprehensive lesson plan from the PSHE Association explores emotional wellbeing and healthy coping strategies.
This lesson includes a lesson plan for teachers and accompanying worksheets for students, focusing on promoting emotional wellbeing and healthy coping strategies.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- differentiate between healthy and unhealthy coping strategies and recognise the importance of using healthy
- ways to manage emotions
- evaluate a range of ways to promote mental and emotional wellbeing
- critique the reliability of sources of support in relation to mental health
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- young people aged 14 to 16
- use with whole classes
This lesson forms part of the PSHE Association’s RSHE-linked lesson plans. You can download the full set on their website.
England - RSHE
Mental health and wellbeing
By the end of secondary school pupils should know:
· how to talk about their emotions accurately and sensitively, using appropriate vocabulary
· how to recognise the early signs of mental wellbeing concerns.
· common types of mental ill health (e.g. anxiety and depression)