Reset and rewind: rap therapy videos
In this series of short animated films from Channel 4, MCs, rappers and lyricists talk openly about mental health topics like body image, grief, trauma and sleep.
There are five films in the series:
- Trauma: Rap star Konan talks candidly about the violent loss of his stepfather and how he has coped with the trauma that has come from it
- Mindful breathing: Singer Ray BLK guides you through a mindful breathing exercise, designed to help ease feelings of anxiety and stress
- Grief: Rapper Krept opens up about losing his cousin, fellow rapper Cadet, in a car crash, and how he has tried to process the grief
- Body image: Rapper and singer Ms Banks focuses on body image, and takes us back to her school days where she was the tallest in her class
- Sleep: In this episode, legendary grime star D Double E uses his distinctive flow to help guide you into a restful sleep.
These videos could be used as part of a lesson on any of the above topics, or shared with individual students who may be experiencing any of these issues.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- Young people aged 16 to 19
- Use with individual young people or whole classes