The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ)
The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ) is a brief emotional and behavioural screening questionnaire for children and young people.
The 25 items in the SDQ comprise 5 scales of 5 items each. The scales include:
- Emotional symptoms subscale
- Conduct problems subscale
- Hyperactivity/inattention subscale
- Peer relationships problem subscale
- Prosocial behaviour subscale
The SDQ can be used for various purposes, including clinical assessment, evaluation of outcomes, research and screening.