Creative industry students: mental health lesson plan & guide
A lesson plan focused on starting conversations about mental health with creative industry students.
The information and teaching suggestions in this resource are designed for use in further education settings, and are specifically designed for students on creative industry college courses.
They highlight the importance of talking about problems as a means of dealing with mental distress and of signposting students to existing and new networks of support.
The learning outcomes of this resource are:
- To generate awareness and discussion surrounding mental health and the importance of talking when in distress.
- To understand why this may be an issue in creative industries and related occupations.
- To be aware of stress and how more significant concerns may begin to develop and impact on student life.
- To be aware of the negative impact of perfectionism and how this can lead to unmanageable stressors, low self-esteem and other mental health issues.
- To identify potential personal support networks as well as those which exist within the college or externally.
- To be aware of depression as a significant health issue and enable a discussion about suicide.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- use by creative industry college students