Admin and IT students: mental health lesson plan & guide
A lesson plan focused on starting conversations about mental health with admin and IT students.
The information and teaching suggestions in this resource are designed for use in further education colleges and are specifically designed for students on Administration and IT related courses.
They highlight the importance of talking about problems as a means of dealing with mental distress and of signposting students to existing and new networks of support.
The learning outcomes of this resource are:
- To generate awareness and discussion surrounding mental health and the importance of talking when in distress.
- To understand why this is an issue in administration and IT
- related occupations.
- To identify potential personal support networks as well as those which exist within the college or externally.
- To be aware of stress and how more significant concerns may begin to develop and impact on student life.
- To be aware of depression as a significant health issue.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- use by admin and IT college students