Construction students: mental health lesson plan & guide
A lesson plan focused on starting conversations about mental health with construction students.
The information and teaching suggestions in this resource are designed for use in further education settings, and are specifically designed for students on agricultural and land-based college courses.
They highlight the importance of talking about problems as a means of dealing with mental distress and of signposting students to existing and new networks of support.
The learning outcomes of this resource are:
- To generate awareness and discussion surrounding mental health and the importance of talking when in distress.
- To understand why this is an issue in construction and
- related occupations.
- To identify potential personal support networks as well as those which exist within the college or externally.
- To be aware of stress and how more significant concerns may begin to develop and impact on student life.
- To be aware of depression as a significant health issue.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- use by construction college students