Agriculture and land-based studies students: mental health lesson plan & guide
A lesson plan focused on starting conversations about mental health with agriculture and land-based studies students.
The information and teaching suggestions in this resource are designed for use in further education settings, and are specifically designed for students on agricultural and land-based college courses.
They highlight the importance of talking about problems as a means of dealing with mental distress and of signposting students to existing and new networks of support.
The learning outcomes of this resource are:
- To generate awareness and discussion surrounding mental health and the importance of talking when in distress.
- To understand why this is an issue in agricultural and landbased occupations.
- To identify potential personal support networks as well as those which exist within the college or externally.
- To be aware of stress and how more significant concerns may begin to develop and impact on student life.
- To be aware of depression as a significant health issue.
Using this resource
This resource is designed for:
- use by agricultural and land-based college students